One of my favorite ways to find motivation FAST is to read quotes. They fill me with a desire to go out and work harder, be better, and overcome the challenges in my way. This is especially true when it comes to volleyball. But a lot of times when I am searching for new motivation, I reread the same quotes over and over again.
While the quote "T.E.A.M. stands for Together Everyone Achieves More," is great the first time you read it, I have a hard time drawing motivation from it now, having seen it AT LEAST a zillion times on Pinterest (granted, I may or may not have pinned this to my Volleyball Quotes board).
So I've put together a list of uncommon quotes to bring new energy to your team. Share these with your girls at the beginning of practice and discuss what they think each one means. Just wait until you see the effort you get out of them for the next hour and a half!
1. "Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines, practiced every day." -Jim Rohn
2. "You can have results or excuses. Not both." -Unknown
3. "The ratio of We's to I's is the best indicator of the development of a team." -Lewis B. Ergen
4. "The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team." -Phil Jackson
5. "You will never know your limits until you push yourself to them." -Unknown
6. "Don't worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don't even try." -Jack Canfield
7. "A champion is afraid of losing. Everyone else is afraid of winning." -Billie Jean King
8. "If you think you can't, you won't, and if you think you can, you will" -Kellie Wells
9. "A star wants to see herself rise to the top. A leader wants to see those around her rise to the top." -Simon Sinek
10. "Nothing will work unless you do ." -John Wooden
Pancakers: What do you think of these quotes? Do you have any other uncommon quotes which motivate and inspire you or your team? Share with me in the comments or tweet at me @getthepancake! If it's a quote I've never heard before I'll retweet!